Monday, April 23, 2007

Great weekend


First I should apologize because it's been almost a month since my last post.
I'm not following through with my statement of keeping this blog update. But the fact of not having internet at home makes it more difficult to post in a regular basis. And also that my everyday life is not as exciting that would make the blog interesting.

But this past weekend was great. Was awesome from begining til end, like in the good old days.
It all started last friday at 19:00 with my drop-in Volleyball at Britannia Community Center.
3 hours of great volleyball, with my favorite players. We defenitively broke a sweat. And then straight from there I went salsa dancing to Diavolos until 2:00. I WAS TIRED. That was a great workout and even more challenging if you count that this past week I was sick with a cold but I think I sweat off those viruses :D
Saturday started pretty early, waking up at 8:30, way before my alarm went off (i don't know what is happening lately, but my body doesn't want to sleep in like it used to) and I went to play tennis with the turkish crowd. I played most of the morning with Feza and we were really hitting that ball, it was a really good game. And after I practiced with Adriana, that being a beginer she has a great reverse move, she has a lot of potential, Kournikova is smoked.

The rest of the saturday was pretty lazy. I needed some rest so I half napped on my couch watching 'The holiday' until it was time to have Morrocan dinner at Feza and Adriana's place.
We had cuscus, and it was just amazing. Adriana is an excelent cook, and I know is a lot of work for her and becomes a full day process when you want to do it the right way, but lucky me I just have to eat it. She was also pretty pleased with the result but I don't think she will repeat it any time soon. She deserves a break. Anyone wants to organize a dinner? I can bring the wine.

And just like that it was sunday. A not too clear sunday at first, I didn't know what was laying infront of us, but Mr. Sun decided to appear and warm up a fantastic day.
I went with Jason to Squamish (you can see some photos in the flickr site). Once we got on site I understood why he invited me to got with him, he needed the beauty of my biceps to carry some logs hehehe.
It was and easy job "vinimos, vimos y les dimos una patada en el culo!!"
Ok..... maybe not that easy,.... ok.... maybe my biceps are not that impresive, but we had a good time. The area is beautiful with still some snow at the top of the mountains, and the sun warming up the scene.


I really liked the fact that we were in no rush, so we would be driving and whenever there was a nice spot we would stop and take some photos and chill around.

I like B.C. in that matter, from the city to the wilderness in less than 2 hours (although we didn't see any wild animals. No bears, or eagles or beavers :( only a wild bug that bit Jason and some ducks playing around. Oh wait! we saw a humming bird, although they are to fast to appreciate all their beauty, good thing that there is the National Geographic channel where they show them in slow motion.

No comments: