Monday, March 5, 2007

Life is very fragile

I just got news from Spain.
I was gonna talk about the coincidences that happen in my life but this matter will have to wait.

My girlfriend's husband died this weekend and she is in the hospital.
They were just walking on the street and this car that was being chased by the cops hit them and killed the husband.

How fragile is life.
You wake up one day and you have your coffee, you are reading the paper and thinking, today is a nice day.
Maybe you decided to go for a ride with the bike, or watch a tennis match. Your day is going nice and easy.
The temperature is so nice today after dinner you decide to go for a walk with your husband/wife, just enjoying the freshness, looking the stores and there, crossing the street, suddenly everything is over, a car hits you and your life is gone.
No 'tomorrow I'll call my brother' no more 'tomorrow I'll start dancing classes' none of that.

This made me consider again that we should enjoy lot more our current life, not only is important to reach our goals but to enjoy the ride. What is the purpose of using all your time working to make money if when you look back there nothing that is going to make you smile, those shared moments with friends and family... oh! they are gone because you were too busy working.
Don't get me wrong, work is important, is an investment for your retirement, everyone needs money, but all within reason.

Anyways, to all of you, remember to do those things that you've been postponing for a while, who tells you you will be around tomorrow?

No comments: